Episode 18: Part 1 - Dividend Investing with Bob Lai (Founder of Tawcan)
Audio only version is available here, and on all your favorite podcast players
In part 1 of this episode I interview Bob Lai, the founder of Tawcan.com. We discuss dividend investing in today's economic climate. Also covered in this episode:
- When and why, Bob started dividend investing
- How did Bob build a portfolio which generates $3.6K a month in dividends, while living in Vancouver with a single income family and 2 kids
- The importance of re-investing dividends
- Is Bob still on track to gain financial independence by 2025?
- The key is to spend less than you earn
- There’s a limit to how much you can cut your expenses but no limit to how much you can earn
- Does dividend income give you freedom?
- You don’t have to be super rich to invest like this
- Reader B, a fellow Canadian is now earning $30k/month ($360,000/yr) in dividends
- Did Reader B invest millions of dollars to build this type of portfolio?
- Outside of your TFSA/RRSP/401K/IRA how much can you earn in eligible dividends and not incur any income tax?
- Bob, how do you select dividend stocks?
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment