Episode 28: (Part 1) Interview with Dividend John of Too Rich to Be Stressed
Audio only version is available here, and on all your favorite podcast players
In part 1 of this episode, I interview Dividend John, the author of the book Too Rich to Be Stressed. We talk about how he went from $0 annual dividend income to now making over $68,000 a year in dividends. Also covered in this episode:
- how John saved $30,000 at such a young age
- how John lost $25,000 investing with an advisor
- how investing in a pork farm didn't turn out so well for John
- how not to get caught up in the "next big thing"
- how John got started with dividend investing
- John's story of meeting his investing mentor
- how John went from $0 annual dividend income to $68,000 annually
- the 3 telecom "virtual monopolies" in Canada
- what the largest Canadian banks did to their dividends in 2008-2009
- what happened to Kanwal's investment in Washington Mutual
- staying away from high yielding dividend stocks
- what happens to your dividend yield when the company increases it's dividend
- Canadian dividends are taxed extremely low even outside your RRSP and TFSA
Dividend John on Twitter: @johnyboy1853
Dividend John's Book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BMZF17NK
Investing Made Simple
We provide you with the education, tools and coaching to help you to reduce risk, save time and earn more
Take our online Investing Course
In just 4 hours, you will learn all you need to confidently begin dividend investing. Learn the easiest way to select quality dividend paying stocks when they are priced low. You can apply these strategies to any stock market in the world. With this self-paced course, start building your stock portfolio that generates growing passive income each year!
Use our Stock Analysis Platform
Want to research which quality stocks to buy? The SI Platform does the work for you! Just login to view the daily report listing the top stocks for that day. Our proprietary software analyzes over 6000 common stocks in the US and Canada, applies our SI Criteria to them and gives each stock a grade out of 10. The SI Platform provides you with a list of the best quality stocks to consider, and those to avoid. This tool is useful for beginners and for even the more advanced investor. Get data on any stock, access stock charts, apply your own filters, and setup stock alert notifications!
Schedule a Portfolio Assessment
In this 1-hour video call, I will review your goals and investing portfolio. I will provide you with your custom SI Action Plan with steps you can take to build a stock portfolio that generates growing income and eliminates hundreds of thousands in fees you could pay over your lifetime. Let me answer all your questions so you can confidently manage your own investment portfolio!
Leave a commentPlease log in or register to post a comment