Episode 24: (Part 2) Interview with Brock Waterman of FIRE Travel Family
Audio only version is available here, and on all your favorite podcast players
In part 2 of this episode, I interview Brock Waterman, the founder of firetravelfamily.com. We discuss how Brock achieved financial freedom at the age of 42, and how dividend investing contributed to his early retirement.
Also covered in this episode:
- Should you think differently about dividends if you are going to retire early versus retiring at 65 or 75?
- When should someone start investing?
- The importance of having an emergency fund
- How does Brock diversify his dividend stock portfolio
- How do you deal with your stocks that are overweight in your portfolio?
- Has Brock changed his approach to investing, given the current economic climate?
- During the 2009-2009 financial crisis what did the 5 Canadian banks do to their dividend?
- Is there lower income tax on dividend income?
- Does Brock own any mutual funds, index funds or ETFs?
- $500,000 invested in a fund where the fee is 1%, will cost your over $395K in fees
- What advice do you have to someone who currently owns funds and is scared to invest in individual stocks
- Why you need discipline and patience to succeed as a dividend investors
- Why you should re-invest your dividends
- Never having a salary of over $65,000 but Brock and his family achieved financial independence
- Currently are earning over $10K in annual dividend income
Investing Made Simple
We provide you with the education, tools and coaching to help you to reduce risk, save time and earn more
Take our online Investing Course
In just 4 hours, you will learn all you need to confidently begin dividend investing. Learn the easiest way to select quality dividend paying stocks when they are priced low. You can apply these strategies to any stock market in the world. With this self-paced course, start building your stock portfolio that generates growing passive income each year!
Use our Stock Analysis Platform
Want to research which quality stocks to buy? The SI Platform does the work for you! Just login to view the daily report listing the top stocks for that day. Our proprietary software analyzes over 6000 common stocks in the US and Canada, applies our SI Criteria to them and gives each stock a grade out of 10. The SI Platform provides you with a list of the best quality stocks to consider, and those to avoid. This tool is useful for beginners and for even the more advanced investor. Get data on any stock, access stock charts, apply your own filters, and setup stock alert notifications!
Schedule a Portfolio Assessment
In this 1-hour video call, I will review your goals and investing portfolio. I will provide you with your custom SI Action Plan with steps you can take to build a stock portfolio that generates growing income and eliminates hundreds of thousands in fees you could pay over your lifetime. Let me answer all your questions so you can confidently manage your own investment portfolio!