Episode 25: Interview with Marc Lichtenfeld of Wealthy Retirement
Audio only version is available here, and on all your favorite podcast players
In this episode, I interview Marc Lichtenfeld who is the senior editor of the Oxford Income Letter and author of the bestselling book Get Rich with Dividends. In this wide ranging interview we discuss how Marc got started with dividend investing, why investors fail, and what Marc looks for in great dividend stocks.
Also covered in this episode:
- how Marc got started with dividend investing
- what is a "Perpetual Dividend Raiser"
- how long of a track record does Marc look for in companies
- three companies that have been consecutively increasing dividends for more than 60 years
- how dividend increases help to accelerate your compound growth
- what are the things that Marc looks for in companies
- the key difference in how Marc evaluates a company's payout ratio
- the importance of cash flow
- companies cannot fake the dividend
- why do companies raise their dividend
- why a dividend increase is a positive sign
- how to protect yourself from dividend decreases
- common investing mistakes that investors make
- my foolish mistake chasing a high yielding stock
- how Marc is investing in today's economic climate
- re-balancing your portfolio
- the importance of dividend income versus stock prices
- how dividends are taxed
- how a $2479 investment in TC Energy has returned over $8000 in dividends
- the importance of starting young
- the risk of relying only on capital gains
- what advice would Marc give to his younger self
- how not to panic when it comes to investing
Marc Lichtenfeld on Twitter: @stocksnboxing
Marc's website: https://wealthyretirement.com/
Marc's book: Get Rich with Dividends
Investing Made Simple
We provide you with the education, tools and coaching to help you to reduce risk, save time and earn more
Take our online Investing Course
In just 4 hours, you will learn all you need to confidently begin dividend investing. Learn the easiest way to select quality dividend paying stocks when they are priced low. You can apply these strategies to any stock market in the world. With this self-paced course, start building your stock portfolio that generates growing passive income each year!
Use our Stock Analysis Platform
Want to research which quality stocks to buy? The SI Platform does the work for you! Just login to view the daily report listing the top stocks for that day. Our proprietary software analyzes over 6000 common stocks in the US and Canada, applies our SI Criteria to them and gives each stock a grade out of 10. The SI Platform provides you with a list of the best quality stocks to consider, and those to avoid. This tool is useful for beginners and for even the more advanced investor. Get data on any stock, access stock charts, apply your own filters, and setup stock alert notifications!
Schedule a Portfolio Assessment
In this 1-hour video call, I will review your goals and investing portfolio. I will provide you with your custom SI Action Plan with steps you can take to build a stock portfolio that generates growing income and eliminates hundreds of thousands in fees you could pay over your lifetime. Let me answer all your questions so you can confidently manage your own investment portfolio!